Saturday 13 March 2010

Flowers, finds and behind the times

Now, I can't seem to manage to keep my posts in anything like real time so you'll just have to bear with me.

It's Saturday morning, so naturally I'm going to share my Thursday with you.

Oh, and a bit of something from a couple of weeks ago.

But first, Thursday - market day and gloriously sunny.

I'm still a bit shy about whipping my camera out at every opportunity but I did manage to capture my favourite flower stall (with my favourite butcher's shop in the background).


As a secret thank you for their unknown participation I made a purchase from each - yellow tulips for my special tulip vase (bought from an auction many years ago and I still love it) and beef sausages from the butcher.


As an aside, and more to remind myself, I concocted the sausages into a rather lovely tea by roasting them in a big tin with some little potatoes, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, olive oil and whatever herbs I had hanging around - very tasty. No picture though - it was wolfed down far too quickly!
Thursdays are also my days for a quick rummage round the charity shops. This week I found a little something which I'm keeping to share at a later date, but it reminded me that I haven't bragged to you all about my part in the sudden arrival of all this glorious spring weather.
You see about 2 weeks ago I found myself a new Winter coat in the charity shop. A big, thick, incredibly warm, fake fur coat - the kind that I have needed for my daily trek to the station throughout this long, cold winter. So I snapped it up and...lo and behold the sun came out. And it's pretty much been shining ever since.
I'm not complaining though - it's given me plenty of chance to air the beast in it's natural(ish) environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment