Thursday 28 January 2010

Letting go

It's hard isn't it?

You feed them, clothe them, try to teach them the essential lessons of life

You worry and fuss about them all the time.

But one day you have to be brave and let them go it alone.

My friends all told me, you can't hold on to them forever.

And so it was that today, filled with apprehension, I did it.

I finally gave Lily her first taste of freedom.




Which is hard when she's a whippet puppy and you'd have no chance of catching her if she did decide to run away.

As it was, the small butchers shop I had in my pocket seemed to do the trick. She had a great time tearing around the field unfettered by the lead and accepted the bribes to return to me with suitable enthusiasm.

It was good to get her safely back home though.




And, like all good babies, she slept for hours after all the excitement.

1 comment: